On December 5–6, 2023 on the Laptop Historical past Museum in Mountain View, CA, a whole lot of builders and software program engineers will come collectively at PrestoCon 2023 to help and study extra about Presto, the open-source SQL question engine for information analytics and the Open Information Lakehouse.
We’re excited for the way forward for Presto. This yr, we introduced watsonx.information, our Presto-based open information lakehouse that could be a fit-for-purpose information retailer, constructed on an open lakehouse structure and supported by querying, governance and open information codecs to entry and share information.
For those who’re concerned in information analytics or information infrastructure, PrestoCon is a must-attend occasion. Listed here are three causes you would possibly think about attending:
1. You’ll get the most recent innovation updates about next-gen Presto, the native C++ employee for Presto.
At PrestoCon, there’s a monitor devoted to the most recent developments within the native C++ employee for Presto—code named Prestissimo—constructed on the open-source Velox undertaking. There’s been a number of work and innovation that’s gone into Prestissimo over the previous few months, and main contributors from Bytedance, IBM and Meta will likely be sharing that work.
2. You’ll hear extra from IBM leaders and engineers on the most recent developments of each open-source Presto and watsonx.information.
At IBM we’re robust advocates of the open-source Presto undertaking with 5 Presto committers and dozens of contributors, all of whom are engaged on constructing and executing on the undertaking roadmap.
Watsonx.data is our information retailer constructed on an open information lakehouse structure with Presto. We’ll share extra about what we’ve been engaged on with Presto in watsonx.information. We’re additionally working intently with the Presto neighborhood on advancing open-source Presto, together with Prestissimo, and stay up for presenting our work.
Periods we’re enthusiastic about attending:
- VP Hybrid Information Administration Vikram Murali’s keynote, the place he’ll share extra about why IBM selected Presto for the watsonx.information open information lakehouse, and IBM’s key contributions to Presto open supply.
- Software program Engineer and Presto Committer Aditi Pandit’s Intro to Prestissimo session, which can give the neighborhood an summary of next-gen Presto and the work going into the C++ native employee.
- Analysis Scientists Berthold Reinwald and Nasrullah Sheikh will likely be sharing extra about their Presto Connector for vector search on data indexed by vector databases.
- Software program Engineer Zac Blanco’ session, highlighting IBM’s work on statistics with sampling using Iceberg on Presto.
3. You will get hands-on with Presto in technical workshops
If you wish to get hands-on with Presto, PrestoCon workshops are an effective way to do this. Created for newbies to superior Presto customers, there will likely be three workshops on totally different Presto subjects. We advocate you register for these rapidly, as capability is proscribed and so they’ll in all probability promote out quickly (shopping for a move to PrestoCon offers you free entry to register for a workshop):
- Getting Began with Presto: get Presto working regionally, join information sources, run queries (Newbie)
- Constructing an Open Information Lakehouse with Presto and Apache Hudi: Put the constructing blocks in place to construct your personal Open Information Lakehouse (Starting)
- Getting Began with Prestissimo on Docker: For devs and engineers who’re fascinated by getting their fingers on Prestissimo (Intermediate)
PrestoCon 2023 goes to be a improbable occasion for builders and engineers who’re fascinated by open supply and cutting-edge innovation. We’re trying ahead to getting collectively in-person with the neighborhood for 2 days, sharing our work and studying extra about Prestissimo.
Whether or not you’re a seasoned Presto knowledgeable or simply getting began, this neighborhood convention gives an inside look into the most recent innovation and neighborhood information. Early hen pricing (50 USD) concludes on October 31. Register today and don’t miss out on the possibility to be part of PrestoCon!